Clan Mjolnir HeadQuarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clan Mjolnir HeadQuarters

Clan Mjolnir- Now organized into a full-fledged RuneScape clan

You are not connected. Please login or register

What happened to good rock?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What happened to good rock? Empty What happened to good rock? Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:41 am

MysticMage13

MysticMage13
Archlord of Mjolnir
Archlord of Mjolnir

Twenty years ago, the most insatiable music genre was created. We call that 'punk rock.' Thats right, the 80s and 90s were punk rock bands best years. Songs written about how fucked up the world is, and how no one can change it. Punk rock was the only meaningful genre of music that had actual meaning behind it.
EXAMPLE

Nowadays, one in ten kids know about REAL rock. Punk rock is dying. Slowly, but surely, in about ten years, it might die. Note the MIGHT in that sentence. In the 21st century, this is the definition of rock now... 16 year olds writing about how fucked up their own life is, even though theyre just kids, trying to be noticed. Most songs written today are also about dead girls that arent really dead that the lead singer loved but the girl had a restraining order against him and his eyeliner. I'm not saying that bands like this *cough* MCR! *cough* are bad, I mean, I like a FEW songs by them. This is just a rant telling people my opinion about punk rock. Increase the 1/10 punk rockers to 9/10. Punk rock is dying, but we can save it.

Recommended punk rock bands-
Bad Religion
Rise Against
Dead Kennedys
Rage Against the Machine
Flogging Molly
Dag Nasty

2What happened to good rock? Empty Re: What happened to good rock? Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

fordTOUGH778

Chief of Operations
Chief of Operations

meh,i prefer metal.

3What happened to good rock? Empty Re: What happened to good rock? Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:12 am

Zappingstar

Zappingstar
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

a kid at my school who owes me 3 bucks listens to these bands alot in addition to all the skater kids at my school

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=zappingstar

4What happened to good rock? Empty Re: What happened to good rock? Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 am

Pelo

Pelo
IntelOps Commander
IntelOps Commander

Punk Rock can't die out!Or at least i won't let it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Theappledude

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum